Solar power is an ever-expanding source of energy, but there are always negatives that come with positives. There are many pros and cons to be aware of when looking into solar power because you want to make sure installing solar panels is right for you. Here are some of the pros and cons of solar power.
- Reduced Energy Bills: When a large chunk of the power your household uses comes from solar power, your energy bills go down. This means you use less power from the grid and save money every month.
- Reduced Carbon Emissions: Solar panels are a clean energy source, unlike a percentage of the energy that comes from the grid. Using less nonrenewable energy means putting less greenhouse gas in the environment.
- Equity: A home with a solar panel installed is an attractive feature. It can make your house worth more and sell faster because it has a desirable feature.
- Cost: Solar panels are not cheap to install. While they can save money for years after they are installed, they can be incredibly expensive to install.
- Weather: While batteries can be used to save produced energy, the weather can affect solar panels. This means they cannot always produce energy every day, so make sure to see how your local weather affects solar energy.
There are a lot of things that go into the viability of solar energy. Make sure to be aware of all of these pros and cons to see how solar power can benefit you.