handling blue mold removal

There have been countless horror stories circulated about black mold and its dangers, so when you see mold in your home that isn’t black, you might feel rather relieved. The problem is that any mold exposure can be troublesome, so even if you see something that seems less menacing, such as blue mold, it isn’t a bad idea to have a professional check it out.

Blue mold is one of the fastest colonizers there is and doesn’t even take a lot of moisture to be happy. The two most common types of blue and bluish-green mold are aspergillus and penicillium. Yes, that latter one is the same as what is used in medicine and while it is typically found on food, it can show up on other surfaces, as well. While some species of penicillium have their benefits when handled properly, others produce mycotoxins which are toxic compounds. Aspergillus can be even more dangerous, especially in those with a weakened immune system. If this type of mold enters the lungs, it can spread to the brain or kidneys where it can be life-threatening.

Blue mold is quite invasive and can enter your body through more than your lungs. With this said handling blue mold removal on your own is not a great idea. It is also best to call a professional as soon as you notice it so that mold removal can begin before it spread any further. It can quickly take over an entire home if not resolved in a timely manner. Another reason to call for professional mold removal is that there can be mold spores hidden from view. The bottom line is that no matter what the color of the mold is, professional mold removal is the way to go.