Did you know oxygen only makes up 21% of the air we breathe? While a large portion of the other 79% consists of nitrogen, the air we breathe in each day is also contaminated with all sorts of gases, particles and microscopic substances. Being indoors does not necessarily protect us from the toxins of outdoors. In fact, the poor air quality inside our home is a greater health hazard than outdoor air pollution due to cleaning chemicals, our HVAC systems, and other substances we bring into our home. While we can’t do a lot to fix the outside air, we can help manage the air inside our homes and workplaces by having our indoor air tested and getting mold removal services when needed. Indoor air quality testing detects the most common air pollutants in your home. We have provided four reasons to consider indoor air quality testing:

  1. Radon- Radon is a colorless, odorless gas. In cannot be detected by any of the five senses. Radon gas is the number two cause of lung cancer in the United States after smoking.
  2. Carbon Monoxide– Another silent killer in U.S. homes is carbon monoxide. It is another colorless, odorless gas that cannot be detected by the human eye or nose. Stoves and furnaces are the two most common systems that emit the gas. Indoor air quality testing can detect the levels of carbon monoxide in your home, informing you if you are in any danger.
  3. Asbestos– Asbestos is a natural organism that lives in soil, which poses no threat while outdoors. Having asbestos indoors, however, can lead to unfortunate consequences.
  4. Mold– Mold spores are frequently present in our homes. While some kinds are essentially harmless, there are many varieties of mold that are hazardous to our health. It is important to catch these growths quickly and get professional mold removal services in order to protect yourself and your family and to prevent damage to the structures of your home.

Due to the hidden nature of these dangers, choosing indoor air quality testing and mold removal for your home and office can not only protect you from harm, but also provide you with peace of mind that your family and employees are inhaling safe air.