Finding trustworthy plumbing companies can be a challenge, unless you know what you are looking for. Here are 5 simple ways to spot unethical plumbing companies before you end up owing them for their sketchy services.
- Dangerously Low Prices: If you see advertisements for plumbing companies that are marketing services well below the going rate, that could be a sign of strings attached. This means that there could be many hidden fees or extra costs that are not advertised.
- Estimating Without Seeing: A plumber may try to give you a going rate for a job before seeing it, which could lead to the price changing once the job is completed. Make sure to get a solid rate after they see the job, and contractually hold them to it before they complete the work.
- Door-to-Door Services: Do not accept services from a plumber that comes knocks on your door uninvited. Only accept services from plumbing companies that you hired in advance.
- Licenses and Insurance: Not having licenses and insurance can mean lower rates, but the added cost of licenses and insurances are worth the cost. Make sure your plumbing company is legally allowed to do their work, just in case something goes wrong.
- Too-High Estimate: Get several quotes for a service from several different place. A corrupt plumbing business will prey on ignorance and overcharge you for services if you do not know how much their services are meant to cost.
Finding an ethical plumber can be intimidating, but it does not have to be difficult. Just follow the above warnings and guidelines and you should be able to sort ethical from unethical plumbing companies with ease.