In today’s article we are going to talk about what we should consider while choosing a swimming pool builder and why it is absolutely the biggest decision that you’re going to make in your pool buying experience. We are going to tackle all your fears, we are going to put those nightmares to bed and we’re going to ensure that you find the right swimming pool builder for you because the reality is that they do exist.
Force the Builder to Earn Your Trust
The main focus of this process is forcing the swimming pool builder to earn your trust. It is incumbent on him, it is his job to earn your trust because you are not to give it away freely it must be earned. Trust is really made up of two things which is character and credibility, your builder have to be a good person, he has to stand behind what he’s doing and has to have integrity. The other end of the equation is credibility; they must be an expert, they must know what they are doing, and they must have experience. So character and credibility are the two C’s and when you put those together you have got trust and that is what you have to make them earn from you it is very important.
Questions you can ask Your Swimming Pool Builder
So let’s talk about questions that you can ask your swimming pool builder to find out if he deserves your trust.
- How many swimming pools have you built? You should be able to get a pretty straight answer and it is left to you to decide on what number you are comfortable with. It probably will depend on your area.
- Do you own your own equipment? It is good to know if they own their own equipment and is also a good indicator of stability. If they have written tobacco for instance and they are using Uncle Joe’s Bobcat equipments, it’s not a good sign.
- Do you rely on subcontractors? Good question but not an indicator though but a good question. If he relies on subcontractors, that does not mean that he is necessarily a bad contractor, there are a lot of good ones out there but there are also a lot of bad ones out there who don’t know jack about swimming pools that can go out and hire a quack to do the building and that’s a recipe for disaster. So ask them if they use a lot of subs when you are talking with your swimming pool builder.
- Do they offer their opinion to you or they just go along with everything that you say. Think about that for a second, do they ever disagree with your ideas because there is a good chance that you have some pretty bad ideas. I don’t mean anything personal but that’s just the way it is, so if your swimming pool builder never disagrees with you or doesn’t offer his opinion, he’s either a wimp or he doesn’t know what he’s doing.
- Ask them about their reference list. Ten names is worthless my grandma can make ten people happy out of a hundred so that is nothing. You need to get a comprehensive reference list when you’re talking to your swimming pool builder. Ask them for a full comprehensive reference list that has all of their customers and then watch their response, if you get a deer in the headlights look just run just get away I’m just telling you it’s not going to be good even if they give you 50% off all the pools.
We are all given intuition and a conscience; they are there for a reason so make use of it. Remember all contractors make mistakes it is how they fix it that separates the good contractors from the bad. Well there you have it what you need to consider while choosing a swimming pool builder.
read more in this post: http://www.dovergarden.org/have-you-considered-custom-stone-flooring-for-your-home/