Granite kitchen countertops are popular for how they can resist heat and scratches. The sturdy seams inside each countertop add to the quality of a surface too.
You would also look at the many colors you can get out of granite kitchen countertops. The variety of color styles you can choose from are diverse and include options like:
- Black tones are ideal for offering a striking modern look.
- A sand color adds a beautiful neutral style.
- White surfaces are brilliant for when you want a room to look brighter. Many of these colors can be mixed with small black specks or accent points.
- Some blue or red flecks can be added in many of these surfaces. These may include small stone surfaces that mix in well with the base granite.
The colors you’ll find are appealing, but there are a few extra things to note:
- Look at how much natural light may enter your kitchen. It may be easier to see a black counter when there’s enough light entering your space.
- The waves and lines around your granite surface will vary based on the slab your countertop is based on. Black lines can add a quality look to a white or sand-toned surface.
- Sealants are necessary for keeping your granite countertop secure. But you should look at how well a sealant might influence the color of your countertop. A coating may cause a surface to look brighter than it really is.
Be sure to look at how well your granite kitchen countertops are planned out. You’ll need to ensure you have a countertop that fits your space.