Wouldn’t it be nice if the sky was clear on your moving day? Unfortunately, Mother Nature doesn’t always cooperate, and there might be a sudden downpour. It may not be possible to reschedule your move, so what do you do? Here are a few tips that moving companies usually give about how to get your move accomplished despite the wet conditions.
- Tip #1 – Utilize plastic garbage bags. These can work great to shield items from the rain. A neat trick is putting one over a group of clothes on hangers with just a hole at the top to grasp the hangers.
- Tip #2 – Keep towels handy. You can quickly dry off items after they’ve been loaded, and you might like to dry off from time to time as well if you’re going back and forth. If you are using a moving company, help them out by providing towels so they can dry off.
- Tip #3 – Work efficiently. Sometimes, the best way to handling moving in rain is to set up an assembly line and work as a group to get the job done as quickly as possible.
- Tip #4 – Time the weather. Is it going to rain all day or just for a couple hours? Plan what you load based on when you could have some dry gaps, saving the items that could be damaged by rain for any break in the rain that occurs. Take care with electronics and either wait for the rain to stop or bundle them well to protect them.
- Tip #5 – Keep safety in mind. Wet floors are slippery. Be sure to place towels, rugs, or sturdy cardboard at the entrance. This will protect the moving company team as well as your belongings.