There are so many different options and opinions about materials to use for your kitchen countertops during your home design and building process. Some of the materials may be a better fit for how you use your kitchen than others. And of course, a major thing to consider is what is most aesthetically pleasing to you. Just because something is functional doesn’t mean you’ll love how it looks.
Below we’ve listed designers’ top picks for kitchen countertops:
- Concrete countertop – A concrete countertop is highly durable and extremely customizable, and it is also a very popular way to make a big statement in your kitchen.
- Quartz countertop – A quartz countertop is highly durable, easy to maintain, and as luxurious in visual appeal, as marble without the extensive upkeep.
- Granite countertop – A granite countertop is a classic choice that is also highly customizable, easy to clean, and lasts a long time.
Here are a few other design elements to consider for your new kitchen countertops.
- Using dual materials can break up a large countertop or add a bold statement to your kitchen.
- Using different colors, such as two shades of granite countertop, is also a beautiful way to accent different areas of the counter.
- Consider having a portion of your counter be butcher block as a functional and visually appealing element.
With these design tips, we hope you’re feeling excited about the options that you have available to you for your kitchen countertops. The kitchen is a part of your home that you’ll be working in, eating in, and entertaining in regularly. Making the right design choices for this space is so important because if you make the right choices for you and your home, you will love the results.