If you have recently bought a house with a septic tank, you have never dealt with a septic tank failure. But anyone who has had one knows how bad it can be. It can cause a huge mess and it can also lead to health problems if it’s not taken care of quickly. That’s why it’s important to have your septic tank cleaned on a regular basis, usually every 3-5 years. But depending on how many people live in your house, it might need to be more often. Below are six signs you need a septic tank cleaning.
- Water is Backing Up – You are seeing sewage and water backing up from your sinks, drains and toilets.
- Slow Draining – Your shower, tub and sinks are all draining very slowly.
- Sounds – You are hearing gurgling sounds inside your plumbing.
- Water Spots – If you haven’t had any rain and there’s a swampy area or standing water near your drain field or tank.
- Odors – You smell something stinky by your drain field or septic tank
- Grass – Your gras sis spongy, lush, and bright green near your drain field or septic tank even though you haven’t had any rain.
These are six ways to know you need a septic tank cleaning. The last thing you want to do is to wait, because otherwise it can cause a lot of problems. If you are noticing any of these signs, call for septic tank cleaning and have it emptied as soon as possible, because you don’t want to wait.