If you have a granite countertop, you know how beautiful it is. Your countertop can last for many years, if you take good care of it. If you want to keep it looking its best, below are five tips that you can use.
1. Weight – Don’t stand on your countertop. If you have to reach something high, like a light fixture or a high shelf in your cabinet, use a ladder or a chair.
2. Cutting – You might want to cut on your countertop. But this is a mistake. Use your cutting board instead. Even though granite’s resistant to scratches, it’s not scratch proof. Granite is also very hard, and it can damage your knives and dull them.
3. Cleaning – Make sure you clean your granite countertop regularly. Your stone can be affected even by tiny particles.
4. Ceramic – Use a mat or a trivet under anything that is made of ceramic, such as a vase. This will keep your counter free of scratches.
5. Polish – Frequently polish your granite. Using a granite polish will help protect it from water spots or fingerprints by reinforcing its protective sealant. It also will enhance the surface’s beauty.
These are five things to remember when it comes to caring for your granite countertop. They will help it keep looking great for many years to come. The better you care for your countertop, the longer you will be able to use and enjoy it. Simply use these tips and your countertop will last for years.